Saudi Society of Simulation in healthcare President Inspiring and amazing is the progress made in simulation-based healthcare education in Saudi Arabia during the last decade. Thousands of simulationists and health educators working in fields supporting and providing high quality real-life training are the backbone of this young Saudi Society of Simulation in Healthcare. From day one of the board of directors nomination and selections, the society directors, together with founding members, are working hard as teams to plan, project and develop a solid infrastructure for the society. As any newly formed society is facing numerous challenges while at the same time providing greater opportunities for members to contribute ideas, innovations, and utmost collaboration. These collaborations are within society members and also with many other societies, colleges, governmental ministries, and national and international agencies.
I look forward to working with you and your team to best explore the great potential of improving patient safety and healthcare education through the effective use of simulation.
Saudi Simulation & Health Care
The Saudi Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSSH) was established and formed in 2018 by health care professionals interested in simulation as a teaching tool for education, and to promote training and research in health care and patient safety.
The SSSH aims to promote Simulation based education to assist, develop, and improve the quality of care and patient safety among all health care practitioners by enhancing communication skills, training, performance, and practice.
The SSSH also encourages scientific collaboration with other professional societies and health care practitioners to improve and enhance the academic and clinical teaching and learning methods based on simulation to develop the health professions.
- The SSSH is dedicated to train and develop the health care professionals’ career through medical simulation training and based on high quality scientific researches to assure patients safety.
- The SSSH is devoted to enhance simulation-based education and to promote scientific research in all health professions with due regard.To be the center of excellence for Simulation-based medical education in the region.
- Morality – Collaboration – Dedication – Limpidity – Determination – Innovation.
- Patient Safety centered during medical simulation training by setting strict (regulatory) standards for practitioners, centers, and curriculums in cooperation with the legal authority.
- Developing and enhancing Simulation-based Medical Education all over KSA.
- Developing scientific thoughts to improve Patients’ health services using medical simulation among all health care providers.
- Improving health care practitioners’’ efficiency by imitating the reality of the field of practice to achieve the objectives and expertise in such specialization.
- Encouraging health care practitioners’ to contribute and utilize the simulation technology to support education and training all over KSA.
- Empowering the relation between Patients and health care practitioners with emphasizing on patients’ rights.
- Supporting motivating work-environment for innovation and productivity among all health care professions.
- Achieving research-based consultations by conducting scientific researches based on international standards.
- Enabling Simulation-based- Scientific publication exchange, between interested centers and institutes in the field, inside and outside of KSA.
- Building an effective way of communication among the society members by conducting lectures, workshops, conferences, and seminars that attract international leaders in the field for continuations development purposes.
- Acquiring outstanding experiences in the field of medical simulation, and to be a creative and productive society to spread the knowledge and services in the field worldwide to support and serve the